Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 1: Take 2

It's been awhile, but I am back and I am on a whole new (or semi-new) tangent. After doing more and more reading I have decided to once again move towards an alkaline diet. Since I like to go big or go home I have decided to challenge myself with a 92-day juice feast.

What is a juice feast you ask? A juice feast is basically a juice fast, however the focus is to get all of the nutrients and calories that your body requires through juices rather than solid food. Normally I would think a challenge like this is crazy - I mean 92 days?!? - but I am so exited about all of the benefits that come from detoxing for the full 92 days that I really think that is going to keep me going. The philosophy is that every day of juice feasting reverses the effects of 120 days so 92 days will reverse the effects of bad eating habits that I have had for the past 30 years. I learned a lot about juice feasting by reading the information given at http://www.juicefeasting.com in addition to the alkaline books by Dr. Robert Young that I have read.

The plan involves drinking 4 quarts of juice per day, one of which may be fruit juice and the others should be green drinks. I will be making all of my juices in the morning so I won't get too hungry later in the day and then indulge in solid food. This way I have no reason not to follow the plan or to delay drinking my juices. It will help keep me on track.


Here is a picture of my first juice of the day (a green drink recipe from Dr. Oz).




This drink's ingredients included cucumber, spinach, lettuce, and celery. Quite tasty, I must say. I am very fond of "earthy" tasting vegetables so this recipe will definitely be repeated (probably time and time again). It's a keeper!

I will be keeping you updated, however I am not going to commit to posting daily as I don't want it to feel like an obligation. I am excited to see where this journey will lead and to see (and feel) all of the health benefits that come along with this. There will be challenges and I am sure it will be an interesting ride. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I will have to get some recipes from you. I am hoping now that day is taking pot in pill form, that he will be eating more and we can try the teas and stuff you sent.

    ReplyDelete