Saturday, November 20, 2010

Battle With The Scale

I get really discouraged when I work hard towards something and don't see results. I started this plan weighing every day and now I know that is a mistake. Especially since I want to stay more focused on being healthy than losing weight. I weighed the same two days in a row and got really discouraged about it. At first I could feel myself losing interest in my program, but then I thought it through and realized that no matter what the scale says, eating this way is so much healthier and is worth it just for that.

I also am happy with myself because I ate two meals that didn't follow the plan - one was a "Thanksgiving" dinner (we thought Thanksgiving was last Thursday - apparently it's NEXT Thursday - DOH!) and the other was the one restaurant meal that I am allowing myself to have each week. We chose Olive Garden this week and it was delicious! They have a new lasagna roll meal that the sauce was just divine. The lasagna rolls themselves were good, they are just kind of difficult to cut with a fork so that was a minor issue. I worked through it! :)

I have kept up with my exercise program very well. I took one day off so far and that is just what I was hoping for. If I can keep my workouts to 5-6 days per week I will be very pleased.

I will weight on Monday to see where I am at. If it discourages me again I will weigh every two weeks instead. I am really trying to keep in mind that these are life changes so veering off the plan a little bit is okay - it doesn't have to be so strict that I start to feel deprived. Just go with the flow and keep my eye on the main prize - life long health!

Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That is too funny, I can't believe you thought Thanksgiving was last week. Just watch for my blog titled Happy Thanksgiving! LOL

    ReplyDelete