Thursday, October 6, 2011

Time Flies

It's hard to believe it has been nearly a year since my last entry. I think it is pretty revealing about how my quest for good health and weight loss has gone for the past year. These things have definitely fallen off my radar and have not been a priority. Or a care. At all. But after nearly a year of "I'll start tomorrow" I am starting fresh today. I have too. I can't go to bed feeling awful even one more day. So that makes today THE day.

Since Dad got sick and then Sarita, I have gained 60 pounds. It's not hard to believe since I was clearly eating all the stress away! While I really want (and need) to lose weight, the real driving force behind this renewal is good health. I just can't handle anybody else getting sick in our family and I have a responsibility to everyone to also not be the one who gets sick because I am not taking care of myself.

I am in need of a drastic jump start so I am starting by doing a juice fast for the next 4 days. In the scheme of things that is nothing, and I think I will feel so much better after completing it. I think it will help purge the junk from my system and hopefully when the four days are over it will have cleansed my system and lessened my desire for junk food. That has been my experience in the past so I think it's just what I need to clear my head and get back on track with a healthy eating and exercise plan.

I am excited to get started and will post regularly to keep you updated. How are you doing with your quest for good health?

No comments:

Post a Comment