Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Day 15/365
I used today as my free day for the week. The idea is to use Monday as my free day since I should be very strict leading up to that day since Monday is my weigh-in day.
It was another rough day as Bella had to be put to sleep this morning. It was an easy decision because she was suffering and deteriorating quickly, and I just can't have her in that kind of pain. It's very sad and hard to deal with. It happened so quickly that I just didn't see it coming. I started to prepare myself once she had to be taken to the emergency vet over the weekend, but you just can't fully prepare for something like that. It's the first time that I can remember when one of our dogs had medical problems. Usually they get old and have to be put to sleep from that, not from such rapid deterioration and losing control of their senses. It did make me think about all of the great dogs we have lost over the past few years - Mac, Boots, Matoe and now Bella. How lucky we were to have them in our lives!
I will be back on the plan tomorrow and will check in then!
It was another rough day as Bella had to be put to sleep this morning. It was an easy decision because she was suffering and deteriorating quickly, and I just can't have her in that kind of pain. It's very sad and hard to deal with. It happened so quickly that I just didn't see it coming. I started to prepare myself once she had to be taken to the emergency vet over the weekend, but you just can't fully prepare for something like that. It's the first time that I can remember when one of our dogs had medical problems. Usually they get old and have to be put to sleep from that, not from such rapid deterioration and losing control of their senses. It did make me think about all of the great dogs we have lost over the past few years - Mac, Boots, Matoe and now Bella. How lucky we were to have them in our lives!
I will be back on the plan tomorrow and will check in then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment